Sunday 2 October 2011

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence (Hush, Hush, #3) Reviewed by Gina
Date Published: October 4th, 2011
Date Read: October 2nd, 2011
Blurb: The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.


Review: From the moment i picked this book up i couldn't put it down. I'm guessing that's why it only took me a day to read all of her previous novels in the past and this one too. I remember when i first got hush hush, back in 2008/9,i fell in love with Patch and Nora's story. Then crescendo came out and it took my breath away. Now silence has captured me and i loved every moment of this book.

The third installment sees Nora being returned to "Normality" after being taken and dropped off at a cemetary. At first i hadn't had a clue what had happened. I wanted to know what she had gone through and what made me annoyed was that even she couldnt remember and it only made me want to read it even quicker to find out.

Patch in this book made me angry in the beginning when he was with Nora because of how he was treating her (kind of the same in the second book with Marcie) but as always, it turns out he was doing it to protect her from getting hurt but in the process it kind of hurt her. But i was so happy with him at the end as his humour with Nora was just adorable and he totally redeemed himself in my eyes.

The plot for this book, i feel, is the best so far and the mysteries wrapped up in it will make you want to keep on reading into the early hours of the morning (just like i did).
Our favorite Nephilim, Scott, was back and i found that i quite enjoyed reading about him and what was happening. We'll definitely be seeing more of him in the last book of the series which will be out next octboer!! I mean really, i can't wait that long for this series to finish (will most likely be the best book of the saga).

Becca Fitzpatrick's writing, as always, is a pleasure to read and i found myself knawing on the inside of my mouth towards the end of the book which holds quite a few problems in store for Nora. But at least she and Patch are fine and that's what matters in my eyes.
I feel very lucky that waterstones delivered this book early to me before the release date and hopefully this review will make you readers out there want to buy it even quicker.
I cannot wait until next October when Patch and Nora's story concludes. A great read once again from Miss. Fitzpatrick :) 5 stars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment