Friday 23 November 2012

Review: Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz

Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)Date Read: July, 2012
Date Published: March 27th, 2012
Publishers: Harlequin Teen
Format: Paperback
Pages: 371
Blurb: After breaking a centuries-old romantic curse, Emma Connor is (almost) glad to get back to normal problems. Although it's not easy dealing with the jealous cliques and gossip that rule her exclusive Upper East Side prep, even for a seventeen-year-old newbie witch. Having the most-wanted boy in school as her eternal soul mate sure helps ease the pain—especially since wealthy, rocker-hot Brendan Salinger is very good at staying irresistibly close. But something dark and hungry is using Emma's and Brendan's deepest fears to reveal damaging secrets and destroy their trust in each other. And Emma's crash course in überspells may not be enough to keep them safe or to stop an inhuman force bent on making their unsuspected power its own.

Review:
I loved this book even more than the first which I didn’t think was possible. I was wondering what Shultz would do to carry on Emma and Brendan’s story but I shouldn’t have had any doubts that she’d create another great plot to keep me on the edge of my seat. This book took a hold on me and never let me go until the very last word.

Their lives just returned to normal after Emma was attacked and Brendan saved her and they’re happy. But all that’s about to be shattered because someone wants revenge and is out to destroy their true love. This person wants something only they have and will do whatever it takes to get it putting them both in grave danger.

Emma and Brendan are great characters and have the best relationship. It definitely gets stronger in this book so of course I love them more. They love each other so much they’d do anything for each other. Another great character is Angelique, the witch, who is awesome! Her and Brendan make me laugh so much at times because of how much they dislike each other but in this book they find mutual ground. And we find out why she doesn’t like Brendan that much.

Towards the end of this book I was shocked with the way things turned out. So many things happened that I couldn’t believe my eyes. And the person who was doing these things. The tormentor....did not see that coming and their reason for doing those things was interesting.
All in all this sequel was great. I don’t know if there will be another so it’s a trilogy but I wouldn’t mind reading more about Brendan and Emma. There are all the other curses and stories in that Hadrians book for Shultz to choose from so who knows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment