Monday 19 November 2012

Review: Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)Date Read: June 25th, 2012
Date Published: May 24th, 2012
Publishers: Razorbill
Format: Paperback
Pages: 144
Blurb: The drama and romance continue in this 144-page full-colour graphic novel adaptation of the second Vampire Academy novel, Frostbite, which was overseen by Richelle Mead and features beautiful art by acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli.

Review:
I remember the first time I read this series in January. It seems a world away and I still remember everything like it was yesterday. Rose's story is something amazing and when I read it the world Mead created seemed so real that I had to remind myself it wasn't. Every emotion you can ever think of is in this series and that's what makes it so relatable, what makes the characters so human.

The artwork in this graphic novel is once again amazing and portrays the characters perfectly. If this series was ever made into books they should follow the graphic novels because they hold all the necessary information without overloading the readers.

I'm beginning to love graphic novels because it's like reading a movie right in front of you. And to tell the truth, I always wanted to read a comic book but felt I’d be too much of a dork to go out and buy one so these will have to do.

I'm sure that in the future i will re-read the whole series because it's one of those stories that will never grow old and will always surprise you even though you've already read them. I can honestly say that this series is one of my favourites based on the character, who are so bad ass and who i love dearly, the twisting plots that never fail to make me shocked and because of Richelle Mead, an author who has created a world so real that the reality will never be good enough for the readers. This series is simply one of a kind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment