Sunday 15 January 2012

Review: Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)Reviewed by Katie
Rating: 5 stars
Date Read: 12th January, 2012
Date Published: 26th May, 2008
Blurb: It's a small college town filled with quirky characters. But when the sun goes down, the bad comes out. Because in Morganville, there is an evil that lurks in the darkest shadows - one that will spill out into the bright light of day.
Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. The popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks on the school's social scene: somewhere less than zero. And Claire really doesn't have the right connections - to the undead who run the town.
When Claire heads off campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Hew new roommates don't show many signs of life. But they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood...


Review: I finally started reading this series after a while of moaning I wanted to. I always set my heart on what book I will read after the one I am currently reading, but this time I wanted to read a few. I did an eenie meenie mynie mo to the ones I was desperate to read, this way it would be fair and I wouldn't be moaning everytime I chose one. But it wasn't fair. Everytime one got eliminated I wasn't happy, so I kept doing it again. I finally came to my decision of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, and I've been wanting to read that for a long while too, and even thoough I've only read the slightest bit, it's amazing and so is Erin Morgenstern's style of writing. But I was not in the mood to read it, so I dragged it on to read and I never give up on reading a book because I feel I have let the book down - weird, huh? - but I put The Night Circus down because I honestly had my heart set on Glass Houses, and I am so glad I stopped reading The Night Circus because Glass Houses was addicting. I like Rachel Caine's style of writing because she can put Claire's thoughts in that can really make you laugh. Whereas some books can be quite formal and you don't really get a connection with the characters. But with Rachel Caine's writing you do, and I really like that, it's different.
Shane. Oh Shane, I adore you! Shane is such a sweet character and protecting of Claire, he is the one full of all the jokes and can be the cocky character, but in a good way. He would be an awesome friend - maybe boyfriend if you're lucky ;) - to have in real life. I want a Shane Collins. Micheal, he was a very tough guy when we first met him. He wasn't very friendly at all, but once we got over all that hardness of him, he is a very sweet guy and puts his friends before himself. The same for Shane as well. I like guys like that.
Eve, she just had me cracking up at some of the things she said, and for Claire's thoughts, they did as well.
I have the next five books in the series awaiting me, so I shall now start reading The Dead Girls' Dance. AND OMG, the ending of GLASS HOUSES!!!! Oh dear, damn cliffhanger, but he can't die. He's a main character anyway...right? :)

1 comments:

  1. I do a similar thing in choosing which book to read and this one has been on my shelf for so long. Think this is going to have to be read very soon! Great review!

    ReplyDelete