Monday 2 January 2012

Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed (Matched)Reviewed by Gina
Date Read: 1st December, 2012
Date Published: 24th November, 2011
Blurb: THE SOCIETY CHOOSES EVERYTHING.
THE BOOKS YOU READ
THE MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO.
THE PERSON YOU LOVE.
Yet for Cassia the rules have changed. Ky has been taken and she will sacrifice everything to find him.
And when Cassia discovers Ky has escaped to he wild frontiers beyond the Society there is hope.
But on the edge of society nothing is as it seems . . .
A REBELLION IS RISING.
And a tangled web of lies and double-crosses could destroy everything



Review: Crossed is the highly anticipated sequel to Matched and I loved it! Even more than Matched, mainly because we got to be inside Ky’s head as well. I enjoyed the first so I knew I was bound to enjoy the second. I read them close together so it was easy for me to follow the story.

Crossed picks up right where Matched left off. Ky is in the Out Provinces and Cassia is trying to find him. But her time is running out and she needs to do something. Something drastic that will put her in danger. Along the way each of them have help from people they’ve met and they all find themselves running for their lives. They have to find each other and soon. A rebellion is rising and they will all have to decide what side they want to be on.

As always the characters are amazing and Cassia is now fighting to be with Ky. There are so many obstacles for them to overcome and I found myself really rooting for them. Cassia is even more down to earth is this book and we really see her for who she is. Ky is amazing as usual and I found myself liking him even more now that we got the chance to hear his thoughts and see the world from his point of view. I feel for him and I understand him even more now. His story is sad and I think that helped us know his background even more and we know why he is the way hi is in the book. And boy is there some big twists in the book. Some are so shocking I had to read it twice!! The biggest has to do with Xander but I’ll let you find that out for yourself.

Overall this book was amazing and a must read for people who loved the first and find Dystopian one of their favourite genres. It’s an overwhelming experience that will leave you wanting more. I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait another year for the last book but I shall try my hardest. 5 star!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment