Friday 6 January 2012

Review: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

ForbiddenReviewed by Katie
Rating: 5 stars
Date Read: 5th January, 2012
Date Published: 27th May, 2010
Blurb: She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.
Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.


Review: Such an emotional story, something that I will forever hold in my heart.

This is a book that I've wanted for so long, and thankyou Gina; my best friend and also a Goodreads member, for getting it for me as a christmas present.


Once I started reading this book, there was no stopping me, I had an exam the next day, still no stopping me. The cliffhangers are not cliffhanger-y, but they always leave you wanting more. Wondering what's going to happen next. You always have an idea of what could happen, but we never know for sure what could finally happen in the end.


After finishing this outstanding novel I realised that I had blood covering the corner of my lip. Ew. But that's how much tension there is in this book, and I wasn't going to stop reading until I found out what was going to happen. Also, after I finished the book, I went downstairs to calm myself down a bit and I found my legs physically shaking. The shocking was too shocking that when I read what happened, it seemed as though everything around me had stopped in time and I felt the tears creeping up towards me eyes which glossed over, but never spilled out. I also kept saying what had happened in my head over and over again and everytime my heart felt like it had been plunged out of my chest and thrown into a cage for a lions dinner.

This book really has captured my heart and my soul so much that I keep feeling the need to cry, and what happened in the ending has literally tore my heart out because it has saddened me so much that I am treating this book as though it's a living thing. Knowing that the ending of this book has happened to people out their in the world, maybe not for the same reason, but it has happened, and that truly saddens me.

Tabitha Suzuma, you are one of my favourite authors and you are a genius for writing this story, and I just want to say thankyou for publishing it because you have definitely made me see how tough life can actually be. Thankyou again, and also I am proud that you are part British! :D

1 comments:

  1. I am so happy you liked this book, it was so amazing and I still can't forget it. Great review.

    -ShawnaLeAnn @ Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete