Tuesday 20 December 2011

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Raised By Wolves (Raised By Wolves #1)Reviewed by Gina
Date Read: 20th December, 2011
Date Published: 30th September, 2010
Blurb: He's in a cage, I reminded myself, but the words meant nothing to me, because I just couldn't stop staring into his wild eyes and playing the last words he'd said before he Shifted, over and over again
I got bit
I got bit.
I got bit.
At the age of four, Bryn watched a rabid werewolf brutally murder her parents. She was rescued and taken in by the mysterious Callum, the alpha of his pack. Now fifteen, Bryn's been as a human among werewolves, adhering to pack rule.
But the pack's been keeping a secret, and when Bryn goes exploring against Callum's orders, she finds Chase, a newly turned teen Were locked in a cage. Bryn needs answers, and she needs Chase to get them. Suddenly, it's Bryn and Chase against the werewolf world, whatever the consequences.


Review: First of all, this book is quite simply the best werewolf novel I have ever read so far in my reading life. I loved the humour, the power, the romance, the friendship and the action in this book and I cannot wait to read Trial by fire which I should be getting soon. What I loved most about it was that the main character wasn’t a werewolf. She was a human and it’s a refreshing take on the werewolf scene.

Bryn’s parents are murdered when she was four years old by a rabid wolf and she is adopted into a wolf pack by their Alpha, Callum, who has marked her as his own. She’s grown up there, trying to block out the connections she has with each of the pack members. Bryn knows nothing of the normal world and she only knows Pack. But when Callum ups the security around her, Bryn gets suspicious and begins snooping and what she finds isn’t good. In Callum’s basement is Chase who claims to have been bitten by a werewolf, a rabid one. But werewolves are only created by birth from another werewolf. But if that was true then how is Chase one and why does she have a weird connection to him?

I love the relationships between the characters. Callum is like a father, brother and friend to Bryn and I love it when a character is like that to the main one. The Pack has a lot of special bonds and Bryn connects to a lot of people in this book. I must say that the funniest was her best friend Devon and I’d love one like him. I’d be laughing all the time.

Even though there was something between Bryn and Chase, I think that this book lacked the romance but it focused on Bryn and what she was going through and how she got through it which was different and interesting. Sometimes there was a little too much info but I enjoyed this book so much.

I cannot wait for the next one to find out what happens. I’d recommend this to anyone who loves werewolf novels and enjoy a refreshing and unique read. 4.5 stars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment