Sunday 18 September 2011

Mercy by Rebecca Lim

Mercy (Mercy, #1) Reviewed by Gina
Date Published: October 28th, 2010
Date Read: August 19th, 2011
Blurb: An electric combination of angels, mystery and romance, MERCY is the first book in a major new paranormal series.

There's something very wrong with me. I can't remember who I am or how old I am, or even how I got here. All I know is that when I wake up, I could be any one. It is always this way. There's nothing I can keep with me that will stay. It's made me adaptable. I must always re-establish ties. I must tread carefully or give myself away. I must survive.

Mercy doesn't realise it yet, but as she journeys into the darkest places of the human soul, she discovers that she is one of the celestial host exiled with fallen angel, Lucifer. Now she must atone for taking his side. To find her own way back to heaven, Mercy must help a series of humans in crisis and keep the unwary from getting caught up in the games that angels play. Ultimately she must choose between her immortal companion, Lucifer, and a human boy who risks everything for her love.


Review: This book was really good. It had me from the first page and it was a great opening as well. The idea that Rebecca Lim came up with was interesting and unique. I'd never read anything like it before. The character of Mercy -who is in Carmen Zappacosta's body- was good and i loved the mysteries surrounding her.

The Daley's were an interesting family to read about because their Daughter Lauren had been missing for two years and both parents thought she was dead but their son Ryan didn't. Mercy decides to help Ryan in search of the person who took Lauren.

I found that as the story progressed and the plot thickened, the book became better itself.
When another girl was taken, Jennifer, I found myself questioning a lot of the teachers at the school. But there was one that i didn't suspect who turned out to be the man who was taking the sopranos (soloists).

The last few Chapters of this book were amazing and fast paced. I found myself trying to turn the pages as quickly as possible to find out what was happening next. When Mercy was taken I was shocked.
When all of the girls were down in the cellar i found that i was so tense (biting my lip and everything). But when i found out that the actual taker had been the person i least expected I couldn't believe it. It was so unexpected but yet it had been under our noses the whole time.

What surprised me even more was when Mercy went out of Carmen's body and showed herself as what she really was (there wasn't much detail which leaves us wondering). I think that Paul deserved what he got (even though the pulling-the-eyes-out thing was a bit gross).

But this book actually surprised me because a few people had said it wasn't very good but i found myself actually enjoying it. I've always liked Angel books and this one is one of my favorite ones :D
Gonna give it 7.5/10 :) 4 stars!

0 comments:

Post a Comment