Sunday 22 April 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First SightReviewed by Katie
Date Read: February 13th, 2012
Date Published: January 2nd, 2012
Publishers: Atom
Format: Kindle Format
Pages:
Blurb: Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


Review:
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - wow, that's a mouth full for a book title - was a great read! I loved how the characters Hadley - love that name! - and Oliver grew a quick relationship. This book is a comtempory so I really enjoyed getting away from the paranormal books, and when I read contempory books like these it really tells us how life could pan out for us. I have always believed that, for example if I was doing this review I could get to bed earlier which could result in a whole different scenario for me tomorrow. but because I am doing this review I will go to bed a little late, read, sleep and maybe sleep over my alarm which will obviously result in a different day than if I hadn't wrote this review. - Did that even make sense? - So when I read the blurb about 'If I wasn't..' it totally drew me in, because if Hadley hadn't missed her plane then she wouldn't have met Oliver etc, etc.
Anyway, I love how Hadley and Oliver's relationship was built in a confined space so that they couldn't just walk away from each other.
This book was a really good read and I nearly read it in one sitting but I had other things to do.
I love how also the relationship between Hadley and her dad rebuilt and I also learnt that stepmothers aren't always evil as they are sterotypically seen!
A great read about how a small detail of what you do can change your life, and how anything can catch you unexpected. Especially love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment