Saturday 11 February 2012

Review: Clarity by Kim Harrington

ClarityReviewed by Gina
Date Read: February 8th, 2012
Date Published: February 1st, 2012
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Format: Paperback
Pages: 256
Blurb: Don't close your eyes. Except when the truth is too dark to bear.Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.And a curse.When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case -- but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother -- who has supernatural gifts of his own -- becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?


Review: I really enjoyed this book!! It’s just a fun book with snarky comments that make you laugh and a murder mystery plot that is to die for. Not as amazing as some books I’ve read but I really enjoyed it. The storyline was solid and it has a nice little supernatural twist.

Clarity “Clare” Fern can see the past through touching objects that belong to people and she lives with her mum, who can read peoples’ minds, and her brother, who can see ghosts. They are the freaks in a tourist town but hey, it’s good for business, right? Apparently it’s not the only thing Clare is good for as she is asked by her ex-boyfriend to help solve a murder case. She teams up with smoking hot guy Gabriel, the son of the new detective, who isn’t so sure about her supernatural abilities. But who can she trust when the evidence points to different people she cares about?

Clare is a very cool character and her personality was awesome. She has a very witty sense of humour that had me laughing out loud and I really liked her. Her ex-boyfriend was sweet and he really does love her. Her feelings are still unsure about him but I wonder whether anything will happen in the next book which comes out in March, 2012. Gabriel was hot. Very nice although he wasn’t in it as much as I thought he would be. But oh well...All the characters were great and has some very funny moments that had me laughing my socks off.

Now the murder mystery plot...it was very addictive, intense and I kept guessing about who the murderer was up until the last moment. Although I did guess and I turned out to be right in the end!! I couldn’t put this book down for long and if it wasn’t for school I would’ve finished it in a day.

Clarity surprised me as I wasn’t sure what to expect but when I read the blurb I knew I had to have it. I am so excited for Perception to come out. March, please hurry up!!


Rating: 4 stars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment