Sunday 4 March 2012

Review: Fracture by Megan Miranda


FractureReviewed by Gina
Date Read: March 1st, 2012
Date Published: January 17th, 2012
Publishers: Bloomsbury
Format: Paperback
Pages: 262
Blurb: Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?
Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

Review: I fell in love with this book so much! It is paranormal and has supernatural undertones that I loved! It was different and kept me on my toes. There wasn’t anything I hated about this book.

Delaney Maxwell should technically be dead considering she was under the ice for 11 minutes. But somehow she miraculously survived and her best friend Decker pulled her out. But everything is different. At the hospital someone tried to kill her and she has no idea why. Then she realises that she is drawn to the dead and can’t stop once she starts going. Then she meets Troy who seems to share her ability. But he’s dark and dangerous and he scares her. She knows she should stay away but when she has no one to turn to that is easier said than done.
As soon as I read about this book I knew I had to have it. It sounded interesting and I am glad that it was a stand-alone novel because turning it into a series could have ruined it. Megan Miranda created characters that I loved, hated, laughed with and who I found just creepy. You go through a lot of emotions when reading this book and I connected with it.

Delaney wasn’t what I expected at all which was good. I loved reading from her point of perspective and the things she went through sometimes touched my heart. There was one bit where I actually cried because it pulled on my heart strings. Decker, her best friend, was great. Although he went back and forth a bit and sometimes I wanted to slap him I loved him! I liked Troy but I had negative feelings for him and he was a bit of a creep. His looks were what I expected but not his personality or story.

The ending of this novel was totally unexpected but that made it great. This book is unpredictable and I loved every second of it. Readers who love YA, a bit of paranormal and a whole lot of mystery should get their hands on this soon!

Rating: 5 stars!!

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing, isn't it? :) I read this book about a month ago but I'm still in complete shock. It was fantastic! I didn't like Troy though - there was something about him...something creepy.

    And I completely agree with you about it being a standalone novel rather than a series.

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I liked this one too. It was so different and I like that. Great review!! :)

    Emily
    Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete